Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Welcome to the savory life.

Welcome to the savory life. I've started this blog, inspired by that of a friend from school, so that I may document my adventures with cooking - what works, what burns, what tastes great, and what is Spot-worthy - while sharing with you, my audience. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to e-mail me. I will be glad to help you any way I can. Please note here that many of my ideas, recipes, and techniques are actually products of the great minds at Central Market, who help me determine what to buy and what to do with it.

Cooking has recently become a huge part of my life. Back in October, I took residence in an ExtendedStayAmerica in Meriden, CT. For $65 a night, I had a hotel room that was more like a studio apartment, with a tiny little kitchen. I had a few burners, no oven, a refrigerator, and a microwave. It was there, in room 310, that my love for cooking blossomed. My first real meal, I cooked a family favorite - asparagus with cream sauce. To go with my lovely asparagus, I made Jack Daniels steak strips and tomato basil pasta, with a lime sherbet punch dessert. It was amazing. I realized how much I really enjoyed the process and the fruits of my labor. For the next month or so, I was cooking up a storm in that tiny little kitchen, on that tiny little stove. Now, I have a full kitchen, and my appetite is only more voracious. I spend hours every day wandering the grocery store, looking for new things to try, and then coming home to cook whatever I found to perfection. Stick around for the tastes and the laughs to come as I learn more about food, cooking, and myself.

I might backtrack a little and cover some stuff I've already done in the next entry, but after that, it should be posted right after I cook it.

No comments: