Friday, September 28, 2007

For maximum enjoyment of life...

...do not get strep throat.

Days of temperatures over 103, joint pain so excruciating I could not walk, a complete absence of appetite, and the loss of my voice were just some of the fun things I experienced with strep throat. I don't ever remember the illness being that bad when I was a kid.

...do enjoy the fall foliage in Boston.

With October quickly approaching, the leaves will start changing, and it is absolutely beautiful in this city. Before it gets too cold, spend some time in the commons reading and enjoying the advent of autumn.

...do take advantage of living near a large body of water, if you do.

Run the river trails. Picnic at the lake. Relax on the beach. The sounds of water lapping against a dock or crashing on the sand have been proven to reduce stress levels in most people. What I personally like to do is run along the Charles up to the Mass Ave bridge area dock, stretch on the dock to take a short break and to enjoy the scene, and then run back.

...do not indulge your road rage.

One of the BU shuttle drivers has really been taking out his road rage on other drivers this week - tailgating, honking, speeding, cutting people off, muttering pissy comments to himself... And he drives a BUS!! He seriously seems like one of the most miserable people I have ever seen. Plus, his road rage has alienated the female rider with whom he has been flirting. And I'm sure the other drivers aren't pleased. Nobody wins.

No comments: