Thursday, April 17, 2008

If I had to choose three things that stand for who I am, a book would be one of them.

It's true. The second one would be a coffee mug. The third... I haven't decided yet.

I have been reading like a maniac (MANIAC!) for most of 2008 thus far. I think I wrote a post about it earlier, listing the first few books I was going to read (the Lord of the Rings trilogy), and stating my intention to read a full 52 books this year (one for every full week of 2008). Well, I have made great strides since that post, and though I was behind on my reading for a while, I'm almost all caught up. Here's a list of what I've read so far, along with the date of the week with which the book corresponds (though I may not have read it that week):

Jan 1: Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
Jan 8: Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Jan 15: Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
Jan 22: Love in the Time of Cholera
Jan 29: Thank You For Smoking
Feb 5: Catch-22
Feb 12: Act of Treason
Feb 19: Catcher in the Rye
Feb 26: The Kite Runner
Mar 4: As I Lay Dying
Mar 11: Breakfast of Champions
Mar 18: The Gathering
Mar 25: Pour Your Heart Into It
Apr 1: Cat's Cradle
Apr 8: Brave New World

I should be starting a new book every Tuesday, since the first day of this year was a Tuesday. I had to accelerate my pace to catch up, and I'm almost there - as soon as I finish Brave New World, I will start the next book, which I was supposed to start on April 15th. You can view my list of read books, books to read, books I'm currently reading, and my favorites if you look at the Books application on my Facebook page. Whenever I go to buy new books at Borders, I put them on that application as soon as I get home.

If you have anything to suggest I add to the list, I have about 35 more books to be chosen (I've already got the next four), so please comment with your ideas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aluguel de Computadores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aluguel-de-computadores.blogspot.com. A hug.