Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Brownie mania!

I love to bake.

It's very therapeutic. It is very similar to cooking, but is more simple. So, I do a ton of it when I have a day off. Last weekend, I baked a total of 120 brownies, and delivered them to several different locations - Brookline fire stations, Starbucks locations in my district, and even the Chipotle where I know a good portion of the crew.

There's a secret recipe involved. They are delicious. Aaron at the Dedham Chipotle described them as "chocolatey wow". They go well with Paulaner Heifeweizen.

I have taken them to five Brookline fire stations (1, 4, 5, 6, 7), six Starbucks locations, and the Chipotle in Dedham. If you are a partner or a firefighter in the area and want my brownies delivered to your store or station, leave a comment with the location, and if it's within a reasonable distance, I will add it to my list. I have twelve locations on the list now; I try to hit about eight of them each week, between the two days I have off each week, which may or may not shift. I bake between 40 and 80 in each session; 10 brownies go to each location.

There is no charge. There are two requirements: 1) you and your colleagues must be willing and able to eat all brownies before they expire (I would hate for them to go to waste) and 2) anyone with allergies to milk, wheat, or soy products must refrain from consuming the brownies.

No comments: