Thursday, October 16, 2008

Back in black!

I am proud to announce that as of Wednesday, October 15, 2008, I have a Coffee Master's black apron that I am now permitted to wear, as I have been deemed a Coffee Master by my regional director. Actually, to be exact, I own HER black apron. She was impressed with my coffee tasting, and after I asked why it was so hard to get a black apron, she gave me hers. Someone who has been with the company for fourteen years was that impressed.

If I had known she was going to sit in on that tasting, I would have had time to work up some nervousness. But... I didn't know... so I just said and did what came naturally to me... and she loved it.

My next challenge shall be... blind coffee tastings. Which coffee is which? Can I tell the differences between coffees of two different regions without knowing which is which? Can I tell the differences between coffees of the same region without knowing which is which? I know I can lead a coffee tasting and rock it with my coffee knowledge. Now, let's see how well I really know those coffees.

Wearing that apron for the first time this morning was very exciting. The thought of it actually got me out of bed on time. I was so excited about it last night that I had a hard time sleeping. Like a little kid on Christmas Eve.

I'm telling you... this is the start of something big.

No comments: