Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Who needs sleep when we've got love?

(Title a quote from the title song of Jack Johnson's new album, Sleep Through The Static)

I'll make this short.

I was driving away from the Brookline Village Starbucks listening to the Jack Johnson album In Between Dreams this afternoon when I had a revelation. In order to find someone with whom I can happily spend the rest of my life, I need to find someone who can love as infinitely as I can. I have a lot of discretion regarding who gets a place in my heart, but once someone's there, I give them the best of the best, everything I've got.

I need someone with intensity and passion like that. Someone who can grasp a concept or find an interest and pursue it relentlessly. Well, anyway, someone who can at least understand my intensity and occasional detachment when I do that.

This is probably the most important thing. Other characteristics will factor in, but this is the most crucial.

No comments: