Thursday, November 15, 2007

You're so vain, you probably think this blog is about you.

Credit goes to Noreen "NoNo" for the title of this post.

Some people are really just totally and completely insane, out of their minds, just absolutely psycho. This woman came into Starbucks tonight. Word has it that she used to work for Starbucks but was fired - because she stabbed her manager with a thermometer. Scary. Anyway, she started talking to me about keeping a coffee shop clean. Suddenly, with absolutely no transition, she's talking about how there are people stalking her and how she has children to worry about and she just doesn't know where to go. Within a few minutes of me nodding quietly, she has once again changed topics (this time to illegal immigration) with absolutely no transition. She's saying how she'll leave, go to some other country, if they want her to do that. But she's not an immigrant. None of what she said made any sense, and few of the many things she said were strung together in coherent sentences. Finally, she said, "Okay, thanks for the talk!" and walked out. It was a very strange experience.

Others are desperate for attention or love. Delusional. In denial. But every once in a while, you come across a "balls-to-the-wall nuts" (thanks for the phrase, Chupie) person. I hope that woman doesn't actually have any children. And if she does... God help them. There's also courtroom insanity, like "I was temporarily insane when I shot my brother in the back, so please send me to a state mental hospital, not a rape-me-in-the-ass prison", but from what I've seen of those, most of the people who claim that insanity don't really seem insane. This woman, good Lord, she was crazy. She even had that wild-eyed look about her.

I guess we're all a little crazy in some way. Some of us have anger problems. Some of us have addictions. Some of us idolize celebrities. Some of us are in denial. Some of us lie like it's a job. There are plenty of types of crazy. Then, there are some people who are a mixture of a few types. Then, there are some who are just completely insane. But I guess that's what makes life interesting. I just wish they wouldn't try to be crazy while I'm trying to earn money.

No comments: