Thursday, February 21, 2008

Guess what!

Guess what!

I now have an oven that works and is clean!

This means brownies. Lots of brownies. I think this is what I'll be working on tonight. Brownies for work, brownies for Starbucks, brownies for same-day shipping back to Texas.

In other news:
-A weight has been lifted. I feel strange saying this... but thank you, Boston Police.
-A funny old man was handing out a story about a dog named Sex today on the T.
-I am going to Panera tonight. I love delicious bread.
-The new spring playlist really hits the spot. Maybe I'll post the whole thing... but it's a mix of 90s tunes I remember from being younger, plus a few particularly poignant ones from the last several years.
-The cat now likes to wake me up by nuzzling his face against my cheek. Now, I've always been a dog person, but this is undeniably cute. I never thought my roommate's cat would fall in love with me so completely. I think having an animal around again may have been just what I needed. I saw a golden retriever on the sidewalk today that looked like my old dog and felt like driving back to Texas right then and there.

I know it's likely that no one reading this cares about any of that. I'm just happy, and I needed to express it. I think people can hear it in my voice, because all of today's callers have been responding to me better than they have before.

No comments: