Saturday, February 23, 2008

How to kill a buzz, New England style.

I must be nutty.

I just ran out in a t-shirt and boxers (and nothing else) to save my car from being towed. There must be a foot of snow on the sidewalk from the road being plowed multiple times during the day. I fell in the snow (in a t-shirt and boxers and nothing else), then talked a cop out of towing my car.

The landlord is now shoveling the drive. Also, I somehow managed to get a big, nasty cut on my big toe and bleed all over the apartment.

The cat's going nuts over the blood. He followed me into the shower. I turned on warm water to defrost my legs and feet. That was when I noticed the blood.

The cat was like, "OH MY GOD, WATER, THIS IS WHY I HATE THIS ROOM!!"

I then went to go dig out my car so I could pull it into the driveway. My father, a Wisconsin native and a shoveling veteran, only had the following advice: "Wear shoes."

Thanks, Dad.

So I got the car shoveled out and moved and am now renewed in my faith that I, too, can be a New Englander. However, I do feel cheated out of the three beers I had earlier. Nothing kills a buzz like running in snow up to your bare knees, talking to a cop, having a bloody foot, and shoveling your car out of the snow.

No comments: